Saturday, December 21, 2013

Appreciate someone

I have an older sister. And she's pretty cool. She rarely yells at me or tells me how to live my life. Although she can get bossy sometimes, I know she just wants me to be a good sister to my younger brother (who can get as annoying as.....a brother who is annoying).

Today we went to The Pike in Long Beach, which is some sort of collage of restaurants, bars, and includes an old book store, a movie theater, a bowling alley, etc. We just walked around, had some ice cream, da da da. Sometime at that point I realized how lucky I am to have a college-age sister who just knows how to be fun to hang out with.

Cole told me how to be a good leader, which I had never cared for in my whole life. It was always her who was the leader in the house. But now that we only see her occasionally (because she lives on her college campus) I can really appreciate a good leader, a good role model. I just never see myself being as in-control and confident as her. And maybe she's not even that confident, inside. But she sure makes me believe that she is. (:

Maybe I can be as good to my own little brother as she was as good to me?
But nah, you can never know, with me. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment