Thursday, December 26, 2013

Books have pros and cons, too

As much as I long to become a famous author, sometimes I hate books.

They are just so well-written and intricate that the characters make me feel so small and delicate and incapable of accomplishing whatever the heroes in the books have done, for example saving the world without blinking an eye. (Okay, good books don't make it in a blink of an eye. They feel the necessity to make it sound a lot more complicated yet still making me feel the same.)

Sometimes I just get so angry that the human mind is able to think of all these ways that people can be explicable, and yet the truth still remains that we can actually do zero percent of these things! In real life, "plot twists" are a lot more common and unpredictable than they could probably ever be in the books. Resolutions are going to be a lot more complicated. And I can't even to begin to think about Irony. And I'm mostly talking about fiction, by the way. Nonfiction is a little bit more straightforward, if you know what I mean.

But really, how many times have you been accepted to wizard school? How about a school for spies? How about a camp for children of the gods? Have you ever grown wings? Do you live in a world of magic and mystical creatures? Most probably, the answer for you to these questions is, unfortunately, no. Unless you're some other person. Then in that case I'm not talking to you.

Without a doubt, I am totally not criticizing fiction. Books are a strong part of my life (what else could I do on long car trips?), and I am obliged to devote my life to writing them (see "Dream Jobs" page). I just wish to express my thoughts at these wonderful works. Have a good day.

You can never know, with me. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment