Sunday, January 26, 2014

Appreciate the Little Things (Part 2)

I'm pretty sure I had made another post with the same title.

I think.

Oh well.

Haha. Look at me. So lazy that I had to stick a "Part 2" on the title instead of taking the time to think up a new one.

Anyways.

I bet you're wondering why I felt impelled to put the title as it is.

Well, I'm here to put you at ease.

I've always hated my teeth. I still do, in fact. Don't glare at me, but I always notice other people's teeth, just to see how far away I am from achieving something that would be considered "normal". A lot of friends around me have been getting their braces (finally) taken off, and they're always elated and joyous and overjoyed and it just makes me feel so...powerless? For the reasons 1) this enemy of mine is something that I can't even control 2) this enemy of mine something that everyone will judge me for 3) it's probably going to take a really long while (like, over the "normal" amount of time needed for braces or headgear or whatnot. Ughh. Headgear. *shiver*) AND, 4) I feel like it's only happening to ME!

Half the people around me either have braces or straight teeth, and a time hardly ever occurs in which I see someone with as horrid teeth as I have.

In case you were interested, my teeth are crooked in the way that some top teeth are in front of the bottom ones, but some of the bottom ones are in front of the top ones. And all the teeth in my mouth seem squished together, and some are twisted (crooked, as in the flat part is facing 60 degrees in the opposite direction).

Sighhhhh. Well I guess there's no use complaining. We should "appreciate the little things", as in appreciate how YOU (Yes, you as in you there, reading this post, who has those annoying, heavy little braces) have those metal wires on your mouth and go through all that pain to maintain them, so that you will have good-looking teeth to present yourself with to the world. Some say that looks aren't important. Some say that first impressions aren't important. Let me tell you something. That's incorrect. Looks are everything (to other people), and first impressions are everything (to other people), in the way that other people will judge you for everything about you, your actions, your words, your looks, and that will affect (affect or effect? o-o) how both you yourself and others' projections toward yourself will be.

So all I'm saying is that although things may be painful now, it will turn out positively in the long run. And know that someone (me) envies you. 'Kay? 'Kay.

Smile. No matter how painful it will be.

Better start doing me homework. teehee

No comments:

Post a Comment