Tuesday, January 14, 2014

No one's lives are perfect, they may just seem a little better

I've always seen other people with perfect teeth, the perfect grades (seriously, especially when you have Asian friends), the perfect looks, the perfect smile -- pretty much a lot of things I/you wish I/you had.

I've always admired my best friend because she attracts positive relationships so easily it seems like a joke to her, whereas I have to work really hard to 1) get anyone to notice me 2) talk to anyone 3) have them talk back to me after talking to them, and 4) not have them walk away and forget that I ever existed. I mean, she does all of the above so flawlessly I can't even -- and she's got straight A+'s, and a very beautiful house, and a lot of money, and a lot of free time to relax and de-stress.

I never knew that she cried. She cried occasionally because of over-pressuring parents, a lot of depressing thoughts, too much stress, and nagging from aforementioned parents. When I heard this I was really surprised -- her? Stressed? I had always immediately ruled out any form of imperfection of her image in my mind. But now I realize -- people are always hiding something. Even I hide things from everyone.

So think twice before you want someone else's lives. It may be not exactly what you expected. Sure -- he can attract girls like bees to honey, but his parents make him study for subjects that he doesn't even take on a daily basis. And yeah -- she is the school's top track champion, but she is suicidal and wishes that she would stop getting bullied because of her looks. So I'm gonna repeat this -- be careful what you wish for.

*Sighhhhhhhh.* I'm not really sad or anything, just speechless, in a way. Tara signing off.

Smile. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment