Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thank those authors

Writing is not easy. Never.

See, you have to think about what to write: plot, characters, themes, settings, introductions, climaxes, resolutions, relationships among characters, cause and effect sequences, conflict, protagonists, antagonists...And so. Much. More. And then you need to know how to write: grammar, sentence structure, flowing writing, spelling, and lots more.

So the other day I was writing a bunch of not-bad strings of words, but my mind was clueless as to where the plotline should proceed. So now I have a great plot that has taken the place of my thoughts on how to write what I want and know I want to write. Every day I either have one or the other.

It's just. Ugh.

So thank authors for the books that you may suppose that they effortlessly produce, when actually it's months and months of hard work.

You can never know, with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment